Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Questions to ask your wedding videographer

So today a friend of mine e-mailed me an article titled What to Ask Your Wedding Videographer from RealSimple.com that gave a list of 10 things you should ask your wedding videographer. To make things a little bit easier for you have I have listed my answers to those questions below. Of course I am quite sure more questions could be asked...but this is a good place to start.

1. What is your video style―cinematic or documentary?
My shooting syle is a combination of both, but I primarily focus on documententing the day. Once I get a chance to learn more about a couple the easier it is to determine what they prefer. At any given time I do not want to take away from the authenticity of your wedding day by pulling you away to setup a staged shot unless that's something you want to do. You will not get a 3 minute shortened version of your ceremony that only shows the most "cinematic" moments. Who am I to judge what is important to you. Your highlight reel will be the only place I cut our portions of your ceremony. This is your wedding day and you should be able to enjoy every part of it.

2. What is your storytelling approach?
Storytelling is what we enjoy doing most of all. When you watch your wedding film it should tell the story of your wedding day as it happened.

3. What type of coverage do you offer?
I personally feel like everyone should have full day coverage of their wedding day so my basic package includes up to 7 hours of coverage. Occassionally I get requests for ceremony only coverage, but I prefer not to do that because the couple is only cheating themselves out of the priceless memories of their reception in the long run.

4. What type of video or film format do you use?
This year I began shooting strictly in high definition so you are assured that you are getting sharp high quality coverage of one of the most important days of your life. The final wedding film is then delivered to you on DVD of your wedding

5. How will the audio (sound) be handled?
I use a wireless microphone on the groom so your vows can be heard clearly; I would never mic a bride as it would take away . Also I use a second microphone to ensure ambient noise is not overlooked, such as laughter or sighs by the attendees. You can be assured you will be heard.

6. What types of cameras/lighting will you use?
Without getting to technical I use one of the latest Sony HDV Camercorders; I just purchased it this past December. My camera works great in low light situations, however if needed I have an on camera light that can be attached. I prefer not to use the light as it can be a little distracting but I want to make sure you have the best video possible.

7. How many other weddings will you be shooting on my wedding day?

I only book one wedding per day, so you know your wedding is my number one priority.

8. Will you coordinate with my photographer?

I always like to introduce myself to the photographer because we have to almost work as a team to make sure we both capture your wedding in our distinct way. I have worked with a lot of photographers in the area, so I am sure to bump into a familiar face.

9. What is your editing process?
I use a non-linear editing system which captures all of your wedding footage into my computer and then I edit. Once the film is edited I create a DVD with a custom menu and chapters.

10. Do you offer HD-ready video?
Yes, your wedding film is HD-ready. :)

~Bluvision Wedding Films~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me!