Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back from Las Vegas Wedding

Ok, so I got back from Las Vegas on Monday, this was my first destination wedding and it was a blast. The wedding was wonderful and I could truly tell the couple were made for each other. Ja'Kyta and Kenny had a long day leading up to the ceremony, but the love filled the chapel. I was honored to be the videographer at their wedding and reception so they will be able to share it with everyone in Kansas City that were unable to make it. There is something about a Vegas wedding...I never knew how many wedding chapels were on Las Vegas Blvd until this trip. I saw so many brides on that Saturday making their way to and from their own weddings.

While my husband I were out there we had a chance to spend some time on the strip, visit Hoover Dam and go see George Wallace at The Flamingo. The comedy show took place after the wedding, so we invited the couple to be our guest at the show. Well because there was not a lot of time between the wedding and the show we ended up getting there late. Of course that was a no no...because soon as we walked into the theater George Wallace called for the four of us to come front and center. Since Ja'Kyta and Kenny told them they had just gotten married he excused us and actually allowed us to sit at his personal guest table right up front (kinda cool). Then he went on with the show. Well by the end of the evening he asked if any singers would like to go up for an Apollo type competition and so Ja'Kyta went up and sang the song that won Jennifer Hudson that Oscar "And I Am Telling You". She blew the roof off the place and even George Wallace was surprised by her performance. So it ended up being an even more memorable day for the couple. Here is the clip I shot on my phone (not the best quality).



I look forward to taking a look at the footage and putting it together. The couple is honeymooning in the Caribbean and I hope they are enjoying themselves.

~Bluvision Wedding Films~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me!